ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR, TICKETS ON SALE SEPT. 6
LISTEN TO THE YEAR’S MOST ANTICIPATED ALBUM NOW
“Tool’s Fear Inoculum is a masterpiece to be dissected for years to come.” – Revolver
“absolutely gobsmacking” – Kerrang
“Fear Inoculum is a beast of an album” – Consequence of Sound
“A languid and blissful work.” 5 Stars – NME
“TOOL’s Fear Inoculum is a transcendent return” – SPIN
Photo credit: Travis Shinn
Aug. 30, 2019, LOS ANGELES – Fear Inoculum, TOOL’s fifth studio album and 2019’s most anticipated release, is available now. Listen here: http://smarturl.it/TOOLFIa.
The news arrives as the band announces a six-week North American tour, launching the trek on Oct. 13 at the Aftershock Festival. Tickets are on-sale Sept. 6 at 10 am local time, with a limited number of tickets will be available to Tool Army members on Sept. 4. Tool Army information, as well as VIP package details, can be found via Toolband.com.
- October 13 Sacramento, CA Aftershock Festival
- October 15 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
- October 18 Salt Lake City, UT Vivint Smart Home Arena
- October 20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
- October 21 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
- October 23 Glendale, AZ Gila River Arena
- October 25 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
- October 27 Houston, TX Toyota Center
- October 29 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
- October 31 Milwaukee, WI Fiserv Forum
- November 2 Indianapolis, IN Banker’s Life Fieldhouse
- November 3 Chicago, IL United Center
- November 5 Cincinnati, OH US Bank Arena
- November 6 Cleveland, OH Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
- November 8 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena
- November 9 Detroit, MI Little Caesars Arena
- November 11 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
- November 12 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
- November 14 Boston, MA TD Garden
- November 16 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
- November 18 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
- November 19 Brooklyn, NY Barclay’s Center
- November 21 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Casino Arena
- November 22 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall
- November 24 Raleigh, NC PNC Arena
- November 25 Washington, DC Capitol One Arena
Fear Inoculum’s release caps off over a decade of speculation and anticipation, with confirmation of the release arriving in May as the band flashed “August 30” from the stage as they performed two new songs: “Descending” and “Invincible.”
As August arrived, TOOL released their back catalog via digital service providers, seeing Opiate, Undertow, Ænima, Lateralus and 10,000 Days rack up in excess of 20 million streams in the subsequent 48 hours and occupy the top five spots on iTunes’ Top 10 Album Charts. 23 years after its initial release, Ænima re-entered Billboard’s Top 200, arriving at #10, with Lateralus (#16), 10,000 Days (#18) and Undertow (#19) landing in the Top 20. TOOL’s debut release, 1992’s Opiate EP, made its Billboard chart premiere, arrived at #59. The band also broke records that week: taking four of the top five spots on Billboard’s Hard Rock Albums chart (the first act to achieve that feat upon digital release) and claiming 15 (of 25) spots on Billboard’s Rock Digital Song Sales chart.
The title track arrived as details surrounding the collection surfaced, including a limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card. A list of retailers who have remaining stock of the groundbreaking package can be found here: http://smarturl.it/TOOLFIa. A vinyl release will be announced soon.
TOOL formed in 1990, releasing four multi-platinum studio albums: Undertow (1993), Ænima (1996), Lateralus (2001) and 10,000 Days (2006); two EPs: 72826 (1991) and Opiate (1992) and the limited-edition boxset Salival (2000). The band has won three GRAMMY Awards®: Best Metal Performance (1998, “Ænima”), Best Metal Performance (2002, “Schism”) and Best Recording Package (2007, 10,000 Days). TOOL is Danny Carey (drums), Justin Chancellor (bass), Adam Jones (guitar) and Maynard James Keenan (vocals).